This blog may occasionally contain adults talking about things adults do. There may be bad language. That is all the warning you get.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Put On Your Steeltoes

Can't hold this one in anymore. This rant may very well just alienate everybody.

I have an elderly woman who seeks me out every week. It was nice being in Automotive last week because I didn't see her. Until Saturday that is. She is a sweet woman who I am sure thinks she has good intentions. I stopped counting the amount of times she has invited me to church. An institution in which I neither believe in nor endorse.

I have heard her praise Glen Beck in the past. Every time she does this I try and make it perfectly clear my feelings twords him by telling her the only exposure I ever have to him is when he is mentioned on The Daily Show. This octogenarian finally watched the superior program. She attempted to give me a tongue lashing. My work day had barely begun and I was not in the mood for it. So I crossed the line. I can make all the usual excuses but it was bloody hot and I have had enough of this woman.

"You do realize Glen Beck is mentally ill, right. He lies constantly yet they give him air time on a channel that claims to be a news station. News contains facts. That man rarely states facts", I attempted to inform her. She did the mental equivalent of sticking her fingers in her ears and screaming LALALALALA. Nobody particularly likes being told their point of view is wrong. As a customer service professional for fifteen years, I know the things you never tell a customer. Rule number Zero. A rule so important it comes before rule 1. Never argue with the customer. The customer is the most important part of any business. I did it anyway.

Here's the deal. The problem with extreme view points is their position. They are so far away from a rational view point they have become caricatures of insane people. From Ariana Huffington to Bill O'Rielly , Michael Moore to Glen Beck. You have to take what they say and try and find the actual truth in the story. There is nothing wrong with the actual health care people receive in this country. The problem is they can't afford it because the insurance companies have turned your health into a business instead of it being a public service. It wasn't Healthcare Reform. It was Health Insurance Reform.

I could really go on and on about why being a moderate is a necessity in the current society. When you break it down seeing things form all points of view kind of requires moderation. I never want to hear your extremist point of view when I am trapped and can't walk away from your stupidity. So I fired back at her. She claims she will never be back. She didn't ask to see a manager nor was I talked to. I will see her later this week and wave to her as she shoots me daggers and gets in someone else's lane. I think I will survive.

Let's get to the videos

This one was giving me troubles loading but be patient. This song is worth it.



Couldn't find a stand up act that did it for me this week........but I did find this



I like this song. This is possibly my favorite Leonard Cohen song. The words are very well constructed. This cover is possibly the most upbeat version. Contradiction city kids.



And the high note.



Until next week.

Kisses
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers