This blog may occasionally contain adults talking about things adults do. There may be bad language. That is all the warning you get.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Fashion Assassin

I am not sure about the title. It sounded good though.

Yesterday was super fun. Went to Dallas to see the Bodies exhibit that is showing at the West End Market Place through May 31st. If you are a science nerd or really into CSI this is your bag. Graphic is a mild way of putting it. Worth the price of admission and the drive.

http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/dallas/

Avoided getting stuck in traffic by exiting Central Dr in Bedford. For those of you unaware this is around where The B(Bennigans) was. Pappadeaux is still in that strip where The B and Stake and Ale used to reside. Stopped in for some cajun grub. It was superb and they have lowered their prices. Had Frog Legs and Ginger Salmon. Scrumptious!!

http://www.pappadeaux.com/home/

Realized that I had time to stop by the Half Price Books in Bedford. Picked up some Garrison Keilor books and a couple gay vampire books. Why gay vampire books? Because the Twilight series doesn't do it for me. I lost track of time as always and was nearly late for game night. I love the chain but the store in Bedford will always have a special place in my heart.

http://www.halfpricebooks.com/

On with the shoe

As some of you know, around here we are great supporters of Rahr Brewery and their oh so tasty line of brews. On February 12 their roof collapsed under the weight of over a foot of snow. This freak weather has put production at a halt. One of the things I love about this brewery is that it is mostly volunteer run. They only have a handful of full time paid employees. They keep pace with the already crowded micro-brew market by community support and through their charity work throughout Tarrant County. All that said a marketing firm has offered their services while Fritz and the boys get back on their feet. Here is my favorite of the ads, but feel free to watch them all.





I realize that you may not know who Granger Smith is. Here is an intro to the band in the most unique way I have ever seen. It doesn't hurt that I laughed coffee out my nose.



And lastly....Dig that drag make-up



Kisses
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers