This blog may occasionally contain adults talking about things adults do. There may be bad language. That is all the warning you get.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Here's to ya

I made a 56 on my A&P test. Depressing, upsetting, and so forth. I have test in my Micro class monday. Brain full to bursting. I have a story about my anatomy class but something else first.

Driving to class I had an apostrophe. For those of you who don't get that joke, I feel for you. Listening to NPR because I forgot to grab a cd on my way out and radio really sucks these days. If all the people who have the ability to be charitable were giving and compassionate this world would be a paradise. I wish there was more but that's it. A concept that really doesn't need explaining.

We started the renal system today. Important stuff. The physiology is far more intricate than the anatomy. For starters he posted the wrong lecture outline. He posted an outline for nervous tissue. That was A&P1. This is A&P2. He wrote a bunch of stuff on the board and explained it. In the time that took half the class was asleep. The other half was confused. I started taking detailed notes because I will get an A on the next test. THIS I SWEAR! He got to one slide that had a ton of information about filters. He said literally three words and moved forward. The girl who sits in front of me looked back and shrugged her shoulders. I stopped him and asked him to go back. "What are you lost about?", he asked. "All of it," I said. The girl next to me had nodded off. At this point she woke up and asked if it was over. She just showed up to argue about her test. God grant me strength.

The mine explosion in West Virginia is yet another reminder that greed runs this country. Coal is our cheapest energy source. Our country would collapse without it. Yet we treat the men who put themselves at risk with the lowest form of contempt. This is evident by the fact that the whole incident could have been avoided by simply following the proper safety precautions set forth by our government. Safety first is not just a catchy phrase. It saves lives.

So I need a pick me up. This weeks happiness is as low brow as it gets. Simple things that make me smile.

A simple reminder of why the men who died do what they did. They put themselves at risk every day to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country.

/embed

I love this song. I hope you do to.





Had two Todd Snider songs I was going to end the post with. Literally flipped a coin. Promise I will post the other on next time.



Chin up. If you are reading this then know that I love you.

Kisses
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers